I just have to say how exciting and amazing it was to load up my cart with colorful fruits, vegetables and raw nuts. For the first time in a long time, I was actually happy to go grocery shopping. Although I was only shopping for breakfast food, it was thrilling and.. a little overwhelming (We are taking our raw food change one meal at a time) It looked so new seeing things through a different perspective. I feel like I get to experience food again and actually appreciate what I am putting into my body and savoring all the fun flavors that hit my palate. The exciting new recipes are calling me and I'm not sure what to try first. We have decided to concentrate on breakfast, seems how it is the most important meal of the day, and once we (chris and I) feel like we have perfected some recipes, we will introduce the girls to a raw breakfast. So we have some tough critics to win, but I think once they see how fun and colorful breakfast can be, they will wonder why we haven't eaten like this before. Send us blessings as we omit the addictive non-foods and introduce healthy alternatives. Here is to a healthy beginning, one breakfast at a time.
Side note: The picture above is our breakfast from this morning! Completely Raw and So delicious...even Chris said..."I really like this!" And surprising it is very filling.
Recipe: half banana, half granny smith apple, reconstituted raisins
sprouted almonds, walnuts and sunflower seeds finely chopped in the blender
a dash of cinnamon and a dollop of coconut oil.
So now you might be wondering where do you get sprouted nuts--its really simple--soak them in water for about 12 hrs. Why?? it brings out the enzymes that are so critical...and they taste so wonderful. Enjoy!
Kim, take a look at http://cowgirlclippings.com/archives/recipe-index/
ReplyDeleteMy friend Emily is very health concious and has some good tips and recipes at Breakfast at Emily's. Have you heard of Azure - www.azurestandard.com? Look them up. Very good site to order information and to buy naturally. They are located out of Dufur, OR and have a delivery system to people in the Northwest.
I like what you are doing Kim!
ReplyDeleteI get my boys to eat spinach/lettuce in fruit smoothies...I hid other stuff in their like :ground flax meal, brn rice protein pwder, acidopholus, nuts, coconut, soy milk, yogurt
They would be great for bfast. We usually have them as an afternoon snack.
I recommend www.wholefoodnutrition.net I use their cookbook a lot
I love this Kim! Congrats to you guys! Keep with it. Your girls will be excited when it's their turn!
ReplyDeleteThis is great! Our family has been working really hard at eating better foods as well. I didn't realize it would be so hard! I LOVED the recipe. Please feel free to share any other good recipes you come across, because they are very helpful to us as well. Plus, it's always fun to try new things.
ReplyDelete