Have you ever felt like you were swimming upstream? That turning around and going with the flow would be so much easier, yet you knew that was not the path for you? And as your swimming against the current, some that are floating along in the opposite direction look at you and judge you and some even try to discourage you from keeping on your path?
Well, I find myself going against the current often in my life; we gave birth to both our girls naturally with a midwife in a birth center, the first Dr. they saw was a chiropractor, we chose not to immunize, we home school and now we have changed how and what we eat. I find following the habits of others tends to conceal the path that God has intended for me. Knowing that my path may be uniquely different from anyone else, has given me strength and courage to do what I know is best for my family. I recently read a great passage,
"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16
I have hope that this search for true health will continue to lead us on a path that sets us apart from the declining health in America and will give us the opportunity to live a quality life.
I have hope that this blog will inspire others to make necessary changes, and to give others encouragement as they swim upstream or are not sure they have the strength to continue on.
I have hope that when I want to give up, that others are there to inspire me to keep going.
God never said it would be easy, but that it would be worth it.
Thank you to all who read this blog!! I am amazed at the positive feedback and am blessed to know that my ramblings have inspired others.
Please be sure to check out the recipe page...there are lots of yummy foods for those of you needing ideas on how to incorporate raw eating.
Coming soon, our update on how this raw food change has changed our health so far!
Cheers for those of you ready to swim up stream and for those just wanting to watch:)!
Amen! We are so excited for you guys. Scott and I have been swimming upstream alone for over 4 years now. It's nice to have some company! You guys are amazing and I know you are blessed for your efforts! Thank you for being great examples. It's nice to have other to keep us in check and vise versa! Here's to optimal health!
ReplyDelete